What can I say? I am ready for spring. Loving all the pastels and layers! A soft color pallet is just the right transition into the new season.
Another big thing for the spring is camo (never seems to go out of style)! I have had these J.Crew camo pants forever, but they never seem to tire. I will admit I bought them about 2 sizes too big so they would be super baggy and boyfriend-y. Try this as a technique, especially as boyfriend jeans become more and more popular. You can style them w/ heels, vans, flats...you name it and they are COMFORTABLE!!!
A gorgeous, chilly day in Beacon Hill called for layers. A couple of these pieces were investment items, but I am going to show you how to get this LOOK FOR LESS!
Your lightweight wool and cotton jackets are perfect for a stroll through the city... I am wearing a cape that I got from Anthropologie. It was one of those purchases that was unexpected. My mom had gotten me an adorable sweater for Christmas, but it ran small and didn't quite fit. As I walked around the store I realized that the sweater wasn't available. Sadly, I started looking for an alternative exchange. That's when I saw this boiled wool dusty rose cape hanging all alone. I tried it on and fell in love with the way it drapes. The rest is history. I have gotten a ton of compliments on it from friends as well as random people on the street. As I said earlier, it's just one of those unexpected pieces! Unfortunately, it's not available anymore, but read on - I found a jacket sooo similar and it's super affordable!
Absolutely one of the most beautiful streets in the world. And most photographed to boot. Acorn Street, Beacon Hill, Boston, Massachusetts.
If I do say so myself, I love everything about this outfit. The juxtaposition of feminine + masculine and the dichotomy of the harsh camo + the feathery lightness of the color scheme....
1. The Helmut Lang jacket was something I had been eyeing for awhile and finally bit the bullet and purchased it. It's soft, asymmetrical and hangs in all of the right places. Extremely versatile. If you absolutely must have it as well click here to grab it. Warning, it does run small - I sized up!
2. J. Crew Camo Pants are super old, but I love them so much and wear them all year round.
3. Silver Pumps are a DSW purchase! You can't beat the DSW Rewards program!
4. Marc by Marc Jacobs clutch - I use this a lot! It has lots of compartments and pockets! Also the color blocking allows it to be super versatile - it matches back to pretty much whatever you are wearing! Sold out, but here is a similar one (Shopbop).
5. Zoe Emilie Bracelets - loving these and so are all of my friends who placed orders for them after the giveaway earlier this week! Price points are ridiculous! Get 'em while you can!
6. Nixon Watch - I have a love affair with this brand. Plain and simple.
Here is the LOOK FOR LESS! Transitional Layers! All items are approximately $100 or less!!
*Layer by layer, here is the deal:
1. Stylemint Basic Tank ($29.95) - this is one of my absolute favorite tanks. It's also what I am wearing in all of the pics seen in this post. Great basic, great price! Buy one in every color.
2. Anthro Camo Pants ($118.00) - so similar to my J.Crew pair! Love the grey camo! Remember, I bought these a couple sizes larger so they fit more like a boyfriend pant.
3. Grey Asymmetrical jacket (on sale for $138, originally $198) - this looks warm and cozy enough to get you from winter to spring! And it's on sale at Bloomies!!
4. Nine West Silver Pumps (on sale for $29.99) - I like the texture these silver pumps have! Kind of want them for myself! Especially at this price.
5. Forever 21 Life in Progress Commander Jacket ($34.00) - Completely obsessed with this jacket. It's such a close second to the one I have, but at a third of the price!! This brand runs a little larger than the regular Forever 21 line, but I would prefer it larger so it fits more like my cape. Perfect addition as a top layer over a jacket/blazer.
6. Zara Clutch ($49.90) - Ladies, this clutch is amazing. And the fact that it's under $50 and closely resembles my MJ bag that's no longer available is pretty awesome.
7. Nixon Watch ($60.00) - This looks soooo similar to my Nixon (seen above), but it's less expensive! So cool.
8. Zoe Emilie bangles ($10 each) - stack 'em up, folks! Love the look w/ the watch.
Have a fun, fashionable day,