I LOVE THE HOLIDAYS! Things sure are busy this time of year - with cookies to be baked, gifts to be purchased, parties to be attended, and families to be reunited. My credo this season is: KISS - KEEP. IT. SIMPLE. SANTA. From your mistletoe to your pinky toe - relax and enjoy being with the people you love. Everything else will fall into place - it always does! So in keeping with my motto....
It's always a challenge to figure out what to get a hostess who has everything! Here are four gift ideas that will be well-used and loved... (click the links below!)
1. The Perfect Ornament- I don't know about you, but I absolutely cherish my box of ornaments that I have collected through the years. Each one has a memory, a face, a twinkle from the past.... Anthropologie searches far and wide for the coolest of the cool. It's a classic gift that you can never go wrong with!
2. The Perfect Bottle of Wine (w/ a twist) - The holidays are all about celebrating with lots of cheers! Lately I have been consuming a lot (at the risk of sounding like a lush) of Nebbiolo (learn more). It's smooth and delicious, the grape is from the Piedmont region of Italy and it is truly a delight! My favorite kind is GUIDOBONO LANGHE NEBBIOLO for roughly around $12.99. Which leaves enough room in the budget to wrap it in a cool, monogrammed wine tote from Mark and Graham.
3. The Perfect Written Word - With all of the hustle and bustle/technology we encounter on the daily, sometimes it's nice to slow down and write a note! This sticky note set by Jonathan Adler is absolutely kitschy, light, and fun! And the kicker - it's only $10! Secret Santa gift anyone?
4. The Perfect Hands - For decades, Crabtree and Evelyn has been the leader in hand care! As the cold sets in and our skin gets dry, there is nothing more nourishing than their ultra-moisturizing hand therapy! Crabtree's nail polish is also pretty fabulous with lots of colors to choose from. And why not complete this feminine chic gift with one of their divine manicure kits? 4 different metallics to choose from! Love!
Do yourself a favor and have 1 GO-TO outfit for the season! It will alleviate a lot of unnecessary time rifling through your closet. Play on trends, but don't go overboard, pop of color, but not too much..... KISS!!
1. The Glitzy Top - a little sparkle dresses up ANY outfit! This little art-deco number is adorable and on sale on Piperlime for 30% off through tomorrow (the 27th)! Get it while you can!
2. The Statement Bracelet - I am obsessed with the Ropes bracelets. I have one and wear it all the time. It's big, chunky, and needs no explanation.
3. Like...WHOA pants - faux leather is sexy, cool, and fun! Great overall addition to the wardrobe. Can be super dressed up or down depending on how you accessorize! These are also on sale - visit Piperlime for 40% off through tomorrow (the 27th).
4. Grrr Baby (and a splash of green) - these C.Wonder earrings are just a tad wild! And they add a pop of green to remind you that it's the holidays.
5. Royal Clutch - what I love most about this C.Wonder bag is the color - picture this: you are sipping your Nebbiolo, someone bumps into your arm and you spill..... well it doesn't matter, does it? It's wine colored!
6. Wine Colored Pumps - perfect for holidays, perfect for post-holidays! Get on DSW to check these out.
Happy Thanksgiving!!! Repeat this mantra: KEEP IT SIMPLE SANTA!