Overalls. Men hate them.
Overalls. Haven't been popular since I was in high school in the mid 90's.
Overalls. You need them for the spring. I will show you how to wear them, how to be a budget babe, mid ranger or if you prefer, a big spender.
WHY DO MEN HATE THEM?
- they cover up too much of the good stuff
- they remind men of working on a farm
Super updated look. Here's how I styled it:
STAR OF THE SHOW: Madewell Overalls - HERE
ShoeMint Blue Suedes - Similar HERE / Marc by Marc Jacobs Clutch - HERE. (An iPad case used as a clutch -super affordable trick) / Jennifer Zeuner Rosegold Wishbone Pendant - HERE / J. Crew Vintage Cotton Tee (similar HERE)
Tips and Tricks:
- French roll the bottoms so it creates a skinny leg and creates a streamlined look to detract from any looseness in the bib area. If you need assistance on "how to french roll" please let me know and I will be happy to provide a tutorial :o)
- Underneath: Wear a tank top or roll short sleeves up. It's less childish and adds a little bit of an edge to the overall look.
- Pointy high heels make your legs look longer, but pair these overalls with gladiator sandals on a warm summer night and it's still chic and classic.
- Simple jewelry. Let the overalls be the star!
Never be scared for a pop of color! Cobalt, kelly green, dandelion yellow, and finished off with a hot pink lip (lips done by the fabulous Jannicke Welde).
You may or may not want to break the bank on these bad boys. I say go for the gusto and have FUN with it. That's what overalls are all about. FUN. So just enjoy and don't worry about what the boys say. Their opinion doesn't matter anyway!!
Have a fun, fashionable day,