Jumpsuits are similar to overalls. Women love 'em and men hate 'em. Oh well - guess this one goes out to the gals!
Simple Rules to Follow:
- Feel like WONDERWOMAN. Think about it - From Wonderwoman to Catwoman - they all wear one piece suits! BE POWERFUL. EMPOWER OTHER WOMEN.
- Keep it Simple Sally. Bold prints are fun when you can break them up with solids, go for something demure when purchasing a jumpsuit! Remember my theory is always about balance. You don't want to look like you are wearing your grandma's couch from 1975. Get it? :o)
- Tapered or Wide Pant. Both styles are great! Do what feels comfortable. Just don't be the gal who lets their pant legs drag on the floor. Keep it tight on the wide leg. The tapered look might be easier to pull off - throw them on with flip-flops or gladiator sandles
- Stick w/ a neckline that is flattering. Stay away from a deep V neck and exposed back. Let this be casually sassy, not slutty!
- Don't spend A TON. Jumpsuits, although classic and make an appearance at least once a decade, are very cyclical. I am wearing a suit from Forever 21 for $40 and below I list out more options, but nothing over $150. Trust me on this one.
- Short and tall gals can wear jumpsuits. :o) 'Nough said.
- Have FUN w/ this trend. Don't worry about what the boys think. Jumpsuits are chic, easy to wear, and sexy as hell if styled simply! I prefer them with or without a belt - but don't over-accessorize. Let the Jumpsuit "jump" out on its own.
Remember - keep it simple with accessories. A floppy hat in the same color as your jumpsuit creates a monochromatic look.
And a special video to make you feel like jumping in your jumpsuit! Happy Jumpsuit Summer!
have a fun, fashionable week,