Being comfortable in your own skin comes with age and even then it's a lifelong process.... but I strongly believe that's what makes it worthwhile ...
Seeing our reflection for what it is can be empowering....
1. Treat our bodies like a temple: We have one chance to get it right! Eat well, exercise often, and do all things in moderation. Most important thing is to BE HAPPY. Do what you love.
2. Be Positive: A positive mind produces positive results and creates opportunity. Choosing to see the good makes us feel BETTER and thus more comfortable!
3. Look inward: Meditate, be still with ourselves. Sit in silence and own who we are.
4. Find and be ourselves: Truly listening to our gut and "feel" our intrinsic value at the very core.
5. Love our imperfections and except who we are: I have big hair. I have beauty marks all over my body. I lack grace. I don't always say the right thing at the right time. I can be a big bitch to the ones I love. It's powerful to know that these things exist and that we can overcome them. It's powerful to know that we have that power over ourselves. To except our downfalls is to understand that NO ONE is perfect. There is comfort and freedom in that.
This Bow and Drape sweatshirt says it all. I love that my gal pal Libby shares my affinity for a "Big Hair Don't Care" mentality and bought me this sweatshirt for Christmas. Just one of the reasons she will be my sister wife for life. :o)
(Make your own version here: Bow and Drape)
“To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” ~Thich Nhat Hanh
Have a fun, fashionable week,